Visit our careers site for our current available job opportunities.
UCS Healthcare is a CARF-accredited, non-profit healthcare organization. We are based in West Des Moines, Iowa, with additional offices in Ankeny and Knoxville. We also have 11 satellite sites that offer Medicated Assisted Treatment (MAT) services in partnership with certified treatment providers across the state of Iowa (Ames, Atlantic, Burlington, Carroll, Cedar Rapids, Clinton, Decorah, Fort Dodge, Osceola, Ottumwa, Waterloo). UCS offers various health care services, including outpatient substance use disorder counseling in individual and group settings, mental health therapy and psychiatric services, medication assisted treatment (MAT) for opiate and alcohol addiction, and medical care.
UCS Healthcare is one of the only medication assisted treatment providers in Iowa. We commit to the Recovery Oriented Systems of Care. Our promise to our patients is an individualized, integrated plan that engages the resources of the entire community to address their issues. We are expanding our ability to serve multi-occurring needs and emphasize professionalism and patient-centered care.
We serve a variety of diverse social, economic, and cultural populations and have successfully secured grants to assist that process. Our employees enjoy great training opportunities, opportunities to work in a multidisciplinary setting, and a competitive salary with a benefits package.
Current Available Positions
Our team members are comprised of certified counselors, licensed mental health therapists, physicians, nurses, pharmacists, psychiatric specialists, nurse practitioners, grant professionals, billing specialists, information technology professionals, human resources, accounting, and patient services specialists. This team of professionals work together to use various best practices and philosophies to tailor an effective plan for each individual client, as-well-as, family members in certain cases. Aftercare services are provided along with community resource referrals. Case management services provide financial, job, health and housing resources to clients.
Typical Roles We Hire:
Advanced Registered, Nurse Practitioners, Licensed Practical Nurses, Billing Specialists, Medical Doctors, Care Coordinators, Mental Health Therapists, Certified Medical Assistants, Patient Advocates, Certified Nursing Assistants, Patient Services Representatives, Credentialing Specialists, Pharmacists, Data Reporting Analysts, Peer Recovery Coaches, Drug Screening Coordinators, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners, Intake Coordinators, Registered Nurses, Internships/Practicum/Rotations, Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Counselors, IT Specialists
Our current available positions are listed here - apply online!
UCS Healthcare provides ongoing internship opportunities on an as-needed basis for a variety of positions including counselors, therapists, operations and administration and other positions. To inquire about internships with UCS, visit our careers site.
Wide Array of Benefits:
· No Sundays, no overnights.
· Many positions provide flexible schedules.
· UCS Healthcare has received the "Best Place for Working Parents®" designation three years in a row
(2021-2023) because of our family-friendly policies and benefits.
· Possible hybrid if work allows.
· Health Insurance PPO or HMO employee premiums are currently paid at 95%. Family health insurance plan available.
· Employee dental insurance is paid at 95%. Family dental insurance plan available.
· Employee and family vision insurance plans available.
· Employer paid $15,000 employee life insurance coverage.
· Employee and family supplemental life and AD&D plans are available.
· 403(b) plan with matching employer contribution up to 4% after one year.
· Flexible spending account(s).
· Paid time off (PTO) bank (accrue up to 240 hours the first year, including 7 observed holidays per calendar year).
· Volunteer time off (VTO) up to 8 hours per calendar year.
· Employee assistance program (EAP).
· Dress for your day attire.
· Tuition reimbursement.
· A corporate partnership with Upper Iowa University (UIU) for reduced tuition cost.
· Free parking on-site.
· Expenses for ongoing training and conferences.
· Payment of licensing fees and continuing education credit fees.
· Malpractice insurance (for medical providers).
· Employer-paid licensure supervision (for clinical providers)
· On-site lunchroom (Ankeny, West Des Moines, Knoxville).
· Lactation room (West Des Moines).
· Gender-neutral restrooms (West Des Moines).
· Employee Mentorship Program.
· Equifax "The Work Number" Employer Verification Network.
UCS Healthcare is an EEO employer.