Safe Storage of Medicines
Please follow these guidelines when it comes to storage of your medicine at home.
- Medicines should be stored in a cool, dry place away from heat and moisture. Many people store medicines in a bathroom cabinet; however, the heat and moisture from the shower, bath, and sink may damage your medicine.
- Always store medicine in its original container out of reach and out of sight of children.
- Get rid of unused medicines safely and promptly. Unused medicines, when not disposed of promptly, can lead to people other than the person it was prescribed for gaining access to the medicine.
- The misuse of opioid medications can result in Opioid Use Disorder.
- Medicines should not be flushed down the toilet because it is bad for the water supply.
- UCS Healthcare offers one-time use drug disposal bags for you to safely dispose of your unused medicines. Please ask our staff for a drug disposal bag.