COVID-19 CORONAVIRUS UPDATE - as of 08/11/21
March 18, 2020
To our UCS Healthcare patients and our community:
During this time of global response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the team at UCS Healthcare is doing everything we can to continue to provide services to our patients.
In order to continue providing our services in person, we need everyone - patients, family members, suppliers and vendors - to cooperate with our guidelines to ensure everyone's safety.
PLEASE NOTE: Masks are recommended at all UCS Healthcare locations. If you do not have a mask, we will provide one.
Telehealth is available for therapy. We are providing in-person individual and group therapy for substance use disorder and mental health. If you are more comfortable meeting virtually, please contact us to find out how we can accommodate you.
If you prefer telehealth therapy, you will need to complete our telehealth consent form for these services. The signed form must be emailed or mailed to UCS Healthcare.
When in doubt, please call us at 515-280-3860 to ask questions about your appointment.
Please read the following carefully:
1) If you are coming to one of our locations to dose for medication assisted treatment: If you are experiencing symptoms such as fevers, shortness of breath or coughing, please do not enter the clinic and call the contact number listed below for your location. Our team will work with you to ensure you receive your medication.
• UCS Healthcare West Des Moines - 515-280-4906
• UCS Healthcare Ankeny - 515-309-1918
• UCS Healthcare Knoxville - 641-226-5198
• UCS Healthcare at Community & Family Resources - Ames - 515-309-1953
• UCS Healthcare at Zion Recovery Services - Atlantic – Clinic locked, please call - 712-250-2170
• UCS Healthcare at ADDS - Burlington - 319-237-7209
• UCS Healthcare at New Opportunities – Carroll – Clinic locked, please call 712-248-0053
• UCS Healthcare at ASAC - Cedar Rapids - 319-208-7900
• UCS Healthcare at ASAC - Clinton - 563-213-5620
• UCS Healthcare at Northeast Iowa Behavioral Health - Decorah - 319-208-7808
• UCS Healthcare at Community & Family Resources - Fort Dodge - 515-309-1951
• UCS Healthcare at Crossroads Behavioral Health - Osceola – Clinic locked, please call 641-316-0301
• UCS Healthcare at SIEDA - Ottumwa - 641-226-5192
• UCS Healthcare at Pathways Behavioral Health - 319-429-7909
2) If you are coming to one of our locations for individual or group therapy (substance use disorder or mental health): These services are now delivered via telehealth on Zoom. If you are experiencing symptoms such as fevers, shortness of breath or coughing, please do not enter the clinic. Call 515-280-3860 to speak to your counselor. They will provide you with options for your therapy needs.
3) If you are coming to our West Des Moines location to see a medical provider: If you are experiencing symptoms such as fevers, shortness of breath or coughing, please do not enter the clinic. Call 515-280-3860 to talk to a nurse to determine how we might help you or direct your medical questions.
4) Please follow the precautions outlined by the Iowa Department of Public Health and the Centers for Disease Control:
• Practice social distancing by maintaining a six foot range from other people in public.
• Wash hands frequently and use hand sanitizer when frequent washing isn't possible.
• Keep hands away from your face.
• Only attend appointments that are absolutely necessary.
• Postpone or reschedule non-essential appointments.
• If you are in our medication assisted treatment program, ask if you are eligible for take home doses.
Vendors making deliveries to UCS Healthcare are asked to follow guidelines that minimize exposure.
Please note that family members, friends and/or transportation providers bringing you to dosing appointments should wait outside the building.