Announcing Return to In-Person Groups at UCS Healthcare
April 26, 2021
For more than a year, the majority of our group therapy sessions, individual therapy sessions, and support groups have been meeting virtually. We are thankful for the ability to continue to provide individual services via Zoom and telephone, but we’re happy to announce that as of June 1, 2021, we are returning to in-person meetings for those who are comfortable doing so!
Group Therapy Sessions
All group therapy sessions are in person in our West Des Moines, Knoxville and Ankeny offices. Visit each location page for the group therapy schedules.
Our transgender support groups (Teens, Parents and Adults 18+) and our Family Support Group for Substance Use Disorder are following a hybrid model following their current weekly schedule. Attendees can meet in-person or virtually. Please contact your group leaders for more information and to determine when your group will begin meeting in-person.
A few guidelines for everyone:
· Masks will be required for everyone attending in-person regardless of vaccine status. This is mandatory. If you cannot wear a mask for the duration of the meeting, we encourage you to attend virtually.
· We will social distance as much as possible.
· We will provide hand sanitizer and everyone’s temperature will be taken upon entry to the building.
· We will respect everyone’s presence and participation regardless of whether they are joining in-person or via Zoom.
· We encourage everyone to get vaccinated as soon as possible. If you need help getting signed up, visit Vaccinate Iowa. All Iowans 16 and older are now eligible to receive the vaccine.
We’re looking forward to seeing you in person soon! Please contact your counselor, therapist or support group leader for more information.